Front-line sales managers play a crucial role in driving the overall performance of the sales force. They are expected to motivate and coach their teams to success, but often lack the information and skills to be effective. As a result, the average sales manager only has one performance-related discussion a month with a sales rep, and it’s usually supported by instincts rather than facts. This is completely insufficient to drive consistent results.
Sales Excellence AssessmentSM is our web-based tool that helps companies create powerful sales management and coaching processes crucial for driving sales performance. The assessment starts by clarifying the organization’s business objectives and key performance indicators. It then requires the salesperson to rank the skills they believe they are exhibiting, their perceived effectiveness, and the perceived importance of the skill to the organization. Sales managers then complete the same assessment about the salesperson.
The results create constructive dialog between managers and their salespeople for coaching and management. Results can be rolled-up to the organizational level so C-level executives understand and support training and developmental initiatives.
If your organization is trying to address the following issues, Sales Excellence AssessmentSM could be the right solution for you.
- The need to improve the overall effectiveness of sales managers
- Provide sales managers better information to support better coaching
- Lack of constructive dialog between sales managers and their teams
- High sales force and management turnover
- Poor adoption of training and change initiatives
- The need to better prioritize and track ROI on sales training investments